Experience! Learn! Focus! Consider taking a “gap year” in a supportive Christian community, serving alongside our staff.
We have placements currently open for new interns – see the list of specialty options below.
We aim to empower our interns to serve, lead, grow, and own their own walk with Jesus Christ. Each intern is paired with a full-time staff person who disciples and “walks alongside” the intern. Each semester, interns also participate in several classes (structured more like dinner and fireside chats!). Here, participants will read, learn and discuss issues such as Christian leadership, Christ in culture and art, living and learning in community, biblical foundations for life and work, spiritual formation and more. Opportunities are also presented throughout the year to attend conferences and explore the direction God is leading in their lives. Our staff go out of their way to include interns in their families, activities and church outings.
Spruce Lake provides housing, meals, a weekly stipend and all class materials.
Specialty Placement Options
- Family Retreat Programming
- Outdoor Education / Outdoor Ministry
- Adventure Programming
- Food Service
- Maintenance / Groundskeeping
- Marketing / Social Networking
Spruce Lake interns will complete two courses during the fall and spring terms (one course for summer interns), meeting with the instructor in an informal “fireside” setting three hours a week. These classes add depth and understanding to practical experience, and throughout the internship can include:
- Readings and research for classes
- Working through “Storyline” curriculum and preparing a presentation for staff.
- Additional application projects or presentations
- Service learning (assisting local churches or community programs in their outreach, helping to meet needs of local individuals or families.)
Spring Term Courses:
- Spiritual Formation
- Christ and Culture and Art
Fall Term Courses:
- Biblical Foundations
- Living and Learning in Christian Community
- • Principles in Christian Leadership
Click here for the Internship Application
- Sarah Kauffman, Internship Program Manager
- Phone: 570-369-3982