Plan an Event
Hosting Your Group at Spruce Lake
Spruce Lake is well equipped to host ministry and church groups, family retreats, business and leadership meetings, as well as team-building programs. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your group in the coming year!
Spruce Lake is nestled in over 850 acres of peaceful mountain surroundings with flowing streams and waterfalls. For groups of up to 600 people, we offer versatile lodging facilities and responsive, friendly service — all within a short driving distance from New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia. Spruce Lake’s Team-building Programs are facilitated by trained, professional staff with offerings ranging from the 500-foot zipline and three-person climbing tower to our multilevel high ropes course. From the welcoming handshake, shared story, or spirited exchange flows a dimension from which creativity springs, solutions emerge and ideas inspire.
- Large meeting space capacity for up to 500
- Varied meeting rooms for smaller gatherings or breakout sessions
- State-of-the-art audio/visual equipment
- Buffet-style meal service with seating for 350; extend meal times to seat larger groups
- Overnight accommodations for up to 600
Variety of Overnight Accommodations
Spruce Lake’s Retreat Center lodging accommodations, all air-conditioned, come with linens and towels and include:
- Deluxe Rooms: 48 rooms with private bath, a queen bed, plus an additional 1 or 2 single beds.
- Standard Rooms: 44 rooms with private bath, a queen or double bed, plus an additional single or twin-sized bunk bed.
- Basic Rooms: 9 rooms with one double and one twin-sized bed, plus private bath.
- Dorm-style Rooms: 11 rooms with twin-sized bunk beds, sharing two central bathrooms. Recommended for groups of 30-40.
- Kitchenette Suites: 3 apartments complete with a kitchen and lounge area. Perfect for families or small groups who would like a little extra space.
- Family Campground: 64 campsites, with approximately half available by the night. The others are rented by the season. (Special rules and fees apply for seasonal campers.)
Our Mountainside Area (located 1/2 to 1 mile from the Retreat Center) and Wilderness Camp (located 1 mile from the Retreat Center) add variety and charm to our lodging options:
- Mountainside Lodges: 5 lodges, each with its own unique appeal, offer 4-6 bedrooms accommodating 12-26 people per lodge. In each will be a kitchen, dining room, meeting room/lounge and a real fireplace. Linens and towels are provided.
- Wilderness Camp: Bunk-style accommodations for up to 86 people. Ideal for youth groups looking for lower-cost accommodations with the option of preparing your own meals. Linens and towels are not provided. Available from mid-August through early June.
“The Women’s ministry started to receive positive feedback within hours of our arrival. We are very pleased to say everyone enjoyed themselves, loved the facility and spoke highly of the hospitality from your staff. The rooms, the food and the spiritual presence of the main lobby on the fourth floor we give a 10 out of 10. Everyone felt welcomed and we did not hear one complaint. We are excited and looking forward to rebooking our annual retreat for next year 2017 at Spruce Lake.”
To check on specific availability for your group, please complete the Reservations Request form or call our Group Reservations team at 800-822-7505. If you’re still deciding if Spruce Lake is right for your group or event and have questions for us, please use the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Retreats & Meetings
Download a Printable Overview of what Spruce Lake has to offer your group.
Go to our Media Gallery for Print Materials Templates to publicize your retreat.
Spruce Lake is well equipped to meet retreating and meeting needs for a range of guest groups, including:
- Church & Youth Group Retreats
- Prayer & Spiritual Formation Retreats
- Christian Business & Leadership Meetings
- Family Retreats
- Team Building Programs
Every group is uniquely different, with their own specialized needs, goals and interests. We will work with you to select the very best options from our wide selection of private meeting rooms and outdoor spaces that can accommodate 10-600 people. We will do all we can to make sure your group’s needs are met and that your experience is “A-plus!”
Our Guest Group Services team is ready to help you schedule your upcoming event. To begin, call us at 570-595-7505 or visit the Make a Reservation page to inquire about availability.
“It was a very pleasant experience we had with the Lord and the Church during our time…everyone, including the children, were impressed by the order, cleanliness and optimum site conditions, both in the cabin and around the field. We liked it a lot. And the food, well organized and delicious. I congratulate all of you, with the staff, the service, site conditions and details, you have achieved the goal, an ideal place to spend time with the Lord and in pleasant communion with the Church and family. I think we will return to the site to another retreat, and very likely in this year.”
Milton R. – Iglesia en Cristo (Church in Christ)
ACCESSIBILITY Retreats for Groups
Spruce Lake’s encouraging Ability Family Camp environment helps to build and support relationships among persons of varied abilities! Call us for open dates: 800-822-7505.
Information for Retreat Leaders
Frequently Asked Questions and more detailed information can be found on our Retreat Leader page.