Day Camp Summer Team
Day Camp Counselors, apply now for 2019!
Our Day Camp program is growing as we serve kids ages 5-13 from the local community around Spruce Lake. Each summer we look for individuals who love interacting with children, helping to create an atmosphere of fun adventure, friendly security, and relationship-building that can point children’s lives toward Christ! You’ll spend a significant portion of your time outdoors each day, leading and guiding campers through their various activities.
To serve at Spruce Lake Day Camp, we look for people who are:
- Committed to growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ and are in agreement with Spruce Lake’s statement of faith.
- Willing to commit the required number of weeks of the summer to training and service, from June through August, 2019.
- Qualified for the positions you are seeking.
- Ready to submit references and an application in good time.
- Available for a personal interview, and willing to provide permission for the required background checks.
How to Apply / Apply Online:
The earlier you apply, the better.
- Select 4 references, and ask their permission before providing their contact information.
- Follow this link to apply online. The online system will generate your References for you, directing them to your selected people. Always ask their permission first, before using reference names!
- If you prefer not to apply online, click here for the printable Summer Team Application Form.
- Provide this printable Summer Team Reference Form to each of your four references if not applying online.
- Wait …. it takes approximately 2-4 weeks for references to be returned and all materials to be reviewed.
- Within 3-4 weeks we will contact you, either about an interview or to decline. If you do not hear from us within 3-4 weeks, please contact us again to check the status of your application. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day Camp Summer Opportunities:
- Male & Female Counselors – ages 18 and older … be a fun-loving, caring mentor for children ages 5-13. Oversee their daily activities and keep them safe, help lead Bible studies, music and singing with the kids. Be their wise guide as well as someone with whom campers can simply be kids having fun!
- Program Assistant – ages 21 and older … work alongside the Program Manager to develop and manage all the fun and educational activities that campers do each week.
- Shuttle Drivers – ages 18 and older with valid driver’s license and clean driving record to deliver children safely to/from over 10 shuttle points each day.
Summer employment opportunities in other areas: In addition to the opportunities to serve at Day Camp are multiple summer positions available at our Wilderness Camp and Retreat Center, in areas such as Retreat Programming, food service, groundskeeping and maintenance.
Summer Volunteer Opportunities: Day Camp, Wilderness Camp and Retreat Center look for volunteers every year to help support these summer programs. We’d love to talk with you for ways you can serve campers and guests in a variety of roles, helping us to point people toward Christ.