Wilderness Program Areas
Several items our Wilderness Camp Area interactive map are reserved for use by our summer Wilderness Camp and Day Camp programs only. However, we want you to know what these facilities are when you see them:
- Blueberry Pavilion – provides rainy day space for games along with storage and work space for our Wilderness Expeditions program.
- Street Hockey Court – Every camper has the opportunity to play Street Hockey as part of the morning U-Pick-Its.
- Tree House – built in 1984, this large “house” is a great place for tent group evenings and sleep-outs.
- Boys Tenting – in this area are 10 large platform canvas tents for our male resident campers at our summer Wilderness Camp.
- Girls Tenting – our female summer campers lodge in the tents in this area. On a few occasions before and after summer camp, both Girls and Boys Tenting areas may be rented by guest groups, so if interested, please check with the office.
Throughout the summer, our Retreat Center guests can enjoy the use of 2 highly popular recreation areas at Wilderness Camp when facilitated by Retreat Programming staff, on Saturdays or other times when Wilderness Camp is not in session:
- Water Slide – perfect for kids and adults who love to get wet, our slide sends you gliding for approximately 300 feet to a safe landing at the bottom.
- Archery Course – located along the Ruffed Grouse (orange) Trail, our supervised course offers the chance to learn or develop a useful skill.