Youth Leaders Conference
April 9-11, 2018
Engage! Turning Youth into Lifetime Christians
Package: 2 nights lodging in Spruce Lodge & meals from Monday dinner through Wednesday breakfast
Register for just $99 before March 23, 2018, by calling 800-822-7505!
This vital conference for pastors and youth workers gets at the heart of how to engage the youth in your families, churches and communities with their faith. Help youth grow in faith that’s honest, resilient and strong, so they will become followers of Jesus for life.
Speaker #1 – Eran Holt
Eran and his wife, Julie, served as Student Ministries Pastor at GT Church (Glad Tidings Assembly of God) in Reading, PA, for over 15 years. During their tenure, the student ministry grew from about 30 students to over 400. Eran’s passionate, creative and relevant preaching has distinguished him as a prophetic voice and communicator. With a passion to inspire students and their parents in Christian faith, Eran and Julie founded “Lead the Generation” in 2016, a nonprofit ministry that provides practical training and inspirational teaching for youth pastors, volunteer youth leaders, and student leaders. Eran also coaches and consults with youth pastors and churches on a variety of topics.
Speaker #2 – Mel Walker
Mel Walker is the president and cofounder of Vision for Youth, Inc., an international network for youth ministry. He served for several years as Vice President for Communications and External Relations at Summit University (formerly Baptist Bible College & Seminary) in Clarks Summit, PA. Each year he speaks to thousands of students, church leaders and youth workers, and has organized and led several regional, statewide and national youth/youth ministry conferences and events. Mel and his wife, Peggy, are active in the life of Heritage Baptist Church in Clarks Summit, where they lead the college-age young adult ministry. They have three grown, mission-minded children.
- “Getting the Gospel Point Across to Teens” (Jerry Majors): Discuss how to share the main points of the gospel so teens can understand and make informed decisions to become followers of Jesus. Jerry is the Director of the Northeast Chapter of Youth For Christ in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton region.
- “Reaching the Broader Community” (Wayne Morgan): We live in a time of opportunity, with our world is asking deep questions. How are we offfering assistance? Wayne is Northeast Regional Coordinator for National Network of Youth Ministries and church/community leadership trainer across the country.
- “Intergenerational Youth Ministry; Connecting the Generations Without Hurting Your Church Youth Ministry” (Mel Walker): It’s time to bridge the generation gap in your church. We can reverse the church dropout rate by taking practical steps to connect the generations without destroying the positive aspects of church youth ministry. Mel is the president/cofounder of Vision For Youth, Inc., and speaker for thousands of students, youth workers and church leaders around the country every year.
- “Going On For God; How the Church & Parents Can Work Together to Encourage the Next Generation Spiritually” (Mel Walker): Both church and home are designed to help the next generation grow up spiritually. What can the church do to work in collaboration with parents to help young people grow in Christ in a culture of increasingly dysfunctional families?
- “Maximizing Influence for Making Disciples” (Kris Wint): This workshop will focus on the great importance of nurturing faith in the home, and how to equip people to do that. Kris is the lead pastor of Finland Mennonite Church, Pennsburg, PA. His desire is to see people live out their faith every day as they follow Jesus, and lead others to do the same.