Spruce Lake’s retreat, youth camp and outdoor education ministries serve over 30,000 people annually here in the Pocono Mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania. It takes caring, skilled and dedicated people with a heart for Christian service to fulfill our call to ministry every day. Openings for year-round positions are posted here as they come up. Capable and mature Christian people are always welcome! The Spruce Lake team works together to glorify God, serving the body of Christ and our community through relationships, programs and services that promote evangelism and discipleship. Consider these opportunities in the Pocono Mountains as a mission opportunity of genuine value to God.
** Summer Employment Positions:
We rely on the enthusiasm and skills of well-rounded summer team members to meet the needs of Retreat Center guests and campers participating in Day and Wilderness Camps. Join us for a summer of meaningful work (and boost your resume besides). Summer roles involve varied skills and interests. You’ll mentor campers, and model Christian faith and lifestyle. Lead outdoor trips. Facilitate worship. Teach children and youth. Lifeguard. Serve great meals. Make guest rooms inviting. Lead family recreation. . Landscape lawns. Extend gracious hospitality. Apply creativity.
- Retreat Center Summer Team – open this page for a look at multiple opportunities that are generally open for summer work at the Retreat Center.
- Day Camp Summer Team – looking for the chance to be a shuttle driver? Or Day Camp Program Assistant or Counselor? Open this page!
- Wilderness Camp Summer Team – we’re looking for camp counselors, lifeguards, trip leaders, adventure program facilitators and more!
- Leaders-in-Training Team Leader – apply if you can fill the position of Leaders-in-Training Leader, helping to facilitate this work-learning program.
SUMMER STAFF ASSISTANCE Program – here’s the Commitment Form to complete to apply for the supplemental summer salary benefit.
** Full-time, Year-round Positions @ Retreat Center:
No positions in this category open at this time.
** Full-time, Seasonal/Summer Positions @ Retreat Center:
Positions in this category are filled at this time.
**Part-time, Year-round Positions @ Retreat Center:
(1) Dishwashers & Dining Room Host
We’re looking for part-time Food Service workers willing to serve wholeheartedly in a Christian ministry environment with courtesy, helpfulness and attention to detail. The Dining Room Host monitors the serving line, keeping foods supplied and satisfying guests’ needs and questions as they arise. Dishwashers have a key role in setting the stage for efficient meal cleanup. Daytimers may blend their role with some evenings in the Snack Shop. Send resume with application (below) to: Food Service Director, 5389 Route 447, Canadensis, PA 18325; 800-822-7505 x 138; Fax 570-595-0328.
** Summer Job @ Retreat Center:
** Summer Jobs in Youth Ministries (Day Camp & Wilderness Camp):
For ALL open positions:
Please send us the appropriate Application Form below along with your Resume to proceed through the application process.
- Retreat Center – Adult Application for Ages 18+
- Year-round Youth Application for Ages 14-17
- Application for Summers Only Positions
- Summers Only Reference Form