Leaders in Training
A reputation for strong leaders:
- Spruce Lake has built a reputation for young adult role models through whom campers and guests can experience God’s love. Many campers dream of working at Spruce Lake one day; most of our ministry leaders are past campers whose counselors made a huge impact on their lives.
Building service aptitudes & leadership skills:
- Our Leaders in Training Program takes young people to the heart of the summer ministry team. Trainees take part in discipleship experiences and service through cleaning, meal preparation and other work. Each trainee is paired with an experienced team member to assist and shadow them. This can be a launch into an awesome summer job at the Retreat Center, Wilderness Camp or Day Camp! And — the service and leadership experience adds credibility on resumes for college or future jobs.
Parents and adults talk about the impact mentors have on young people:
- “As parents, we love to see the staff so “on fire” for Jesus, and to see such positive, active Christian role models that inspire our children!”
- “Don’t under-estimate the influence you have over your campers — my daughter came home and started to read her Bible and do devotions regularly because you encouraged her to do so. Thank you for being a wonderful mentor!”
- “I love the counselor/camper bond; the nurturing relationship is amazing.”
- “Anyone who can make my self-conscious, unsure child feel loved and accepted and wanting to grow spiritually has my vote of confidence. I was amazed!”
Leaders in Training Dates – 2019:
- June 16 – July 5
- July 7-26
- Pay just $265 for your three-week experience while growing potential to last a lifetime!
- Must have completed high school grades 10-12.
- Possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be in agreement with our statement of faith.
- Be available for the entire 3 weeks of service.
- Initiate the process by submitting references and applications in good time. Most of our LIT confirmations occur between March and May.
- Be available for a personal phone interview.
- Once you are accepted, register for the appropriate week using the camper on-line registration feature and pay the registration fee.
How to Apply:
- Contact 4 people to be your references; ask each person’s permission BEFORE providing their contact information.
- Apply online. The online system automatically generates a Reference Form to each of the four people you select. Always get permission from each of your references!
- If you choose not to apply online, click here for the printable Summer Team Application Form and Summer Team Reference Form. Mail to Spruce Lake Youth Ministries, 5389 Route 447, Canadensis, PA 18325.